Sharp QA-350 Computer Projection Panel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I recently aquired Sharp QA-350 computer projection panel from my school. Does anyone have any information about this unit? The has a connector for 12vdc, a 26 pin D-SUB connector that is labled 'computer in', and a 15 pin D-SUB connector that says 'monitor out'. I can't find any information whatsoever about this unit on the web.

DSTN Passive-Matrix, 640x480@60Hz max

The subject pretty much sums it up. As the back panel says it requires 12V@1.95A, which is pretty high so I suspect the power supply was not a wall wart. It's not suitable for video use as it will have heavy ghosting. I plan to add a backlight to mine and use it for a display for a server.

It has two HD15 ports because it has a passthrough so you can use a monitor at the same time.

That panel is pretty low end, but if you want to still use it, it will be pretty hard to get the right cable for it. I might be selling my Sharp Qa1000, with the orignal cable and powersupply, and a carrying case (btw, anyone interested?) if you want to build one yourself, it will be hard to find the 26 pin end of the cable. I have 4 explansing boxes from some old ati video cards that have that connector that I can depart with for a small fee...:D

cant get Sharp PAnel QA-350 to work' squigglly lines

Recently purchased a Sharp Projection QA-360 and despite everything I cant get it to show more than rows of squiggly lines/ I have a windows 7 laptop. I Tried to lower the resolution down to lowest setting which appears around 1200 by 800. I tried a windows xp computer and still same squiggly lines. I went into the projection menu as well and tried all settings and still same results.
I only have two possible ideas, These panel projectors dont work with operating systems higher than Windows ME or the cord from from the laptop to the [amel is no good! If anyone can give me an alternative please please do so. This is driving me crazy! I am considering returning it but dont think its broken so a reply as soon as possible will be appreciated!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.