Go Back   Home > Forums > > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LCD Monitors, projection panels, anything lcd

Sharp QA-1800 VGA sync issue...
Sharp QA-1800 VGA sync issue...
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th December 2015, 06:48 AM   #1
maw0001 is offline maw0001
diyAudio Member

Default Sharp QA-1800 VGA sync issue...

A few years back, a friend gave me a Sharp QA-1800 LCD projection panel with case, remote, and cables. No manual.

A customer of mine recently gave me an old overhead projector they weren't using anymore so I dusted off the QA-1800 to try it out.

My question is this: I couldn't get the QA-1800 to display any image on the VGA input. The composite and s-video inputs work fine.

I hooked up a test pattern generator and the only way I could get an image on the QA-1800 was to set the sync format to sync-on-green.

None of my sources, laptop, PC, iPhone VGA adapter, etc. will seem to do the sync-on-green.

Has anybody here had this issue? I didn't see any way in the menu options to change the sync format. Maybe someone with a manual could chime in?

"The only person I agree with 100% of the time is me and even I change my mind."

Sharp QA-1800 VGA sync issue...Hide this!Advertise here!