Sharp computer projection panel QA-1150

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
im planning to buy a Sharp computer projection panel QA-1150 for $70 canadian and a over head projector. hows the quality of it? and yes im a newbie what would i have to do once i get my over head projector and lcd panel? do i just put the lcd panel under the over head projector and fire away?

Well, the QA-1150 is (in my opinion) well worth the money you posted. Does is come with a power supply? It will do 640X480 and all you need is an overhead projecter with about 4000 lumens and you'll get a decent 5-6 foot screen (depending on how far away from it you are). It also has a composite input to accept video signals directly from a tv and it also has a monitor input. This panel is a great choice for someone looking into this and a steal at the price you mentioned - I say, go for it!! I would recommend a dukane 4003 or something comparable with this setup. Hope this helps.

the qa-1150 sure is worth 50 us dollars, though you shouln't expect to much, it is a fine panel.

and you can just hook it up to your computer using vga monitor output.

btw a tv tuner card wouldnt do any good anyway, since thats only video-in, not out ;)

wout said:
the qa-1150 sure is worth 50 us dollars, though you shouln't expect to much, it is a fine panel.

and you can just hook it up to your computer using vga monitor output.

btw a tv tuner card wouldnt do any good anyway, since thats only video-in, not out ;)

wout

though you shouldn't expect to much -- by this you mean the quality of the picture the panel will give you? the pic i get with mine is hard to see on dark scenes... and when i crank up the brightness then the whites are way too bright!! overall colors are plain too. would this describe what you mean?

if i was to purchase a 15" panel, strip it down and mount it inside my projector box, would you say it would give me ALOT better pic?

QA-1150 wavy screen

My QA-1150 only came with MAC cables (not exactly how it was advertised on ebay...). I went to Radio Shack, bought 2 - 15 pin connectors (I ruined the first one) to replace the mac connector. The manual lists the pinouts for vga and mac, so I carefully soldered on the vga connector. All was great until the last pin...The Mac connection uses pin 20, but the vga connection uses pin 19 of the 25 pin connector (and of course there is no actual pin in the 19 slot). I stole a pin out of the old connector, glued it in place, and voila! I now have a vga cable for my panel. However, the image has a right to left waviness in the background. I tried adjusting the frequency settings on the panel, but no luck. Is this a panel problem (no such problem with the composite video), a cable problem, or a video card problem? Sorry for the verbose posting.;)

Crazed_climber said:
it is not working because its default video sorce is the computer imput. Normally you need the remote to change it to the other imputs but, you can bypass that by holding select and pressing the up or down arrow or + or - buttons I forget which it is.
Hope this helps

Do you know if there is any way to save this setting so that it doesn't have to be done every time the panel is used?

Thanks

it is not working because its default video sorce is the computer imput. Normally you need the remote to change it to the other imputs but, you can bypass that by holding select and pressing the up or down arrow or + or - buttons I forget which it is.
Hope this helps
i also have a sharp qa-1150
i tryed this to but the screen is blank and has a few horizantal lines going thru it, i messed with the setting and one moment i saw SHARP wirten on the display but the video dosent show...
when i remove the video wire it dosent make a difference
what do i have to do???

plz respond asap
thanks in advance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.