Hello from California

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there everyone!

Another music lover, electronics, and audio enthusiast here in northern California. I'm also an EE by profession, but I work on digital systems so much of my analog is getting a bit rusty. (gotta fix that!) And I still have a lot to learn about good amplifier operation and design.

I've been into building, repairing an tinkering with audio equipment off and on since I was a young boy. Some little heathkit stuff, then a fair bit of car audio, maybe some old home and semi pro amps. I really don't have much experience building from scratch, mostly just doing various repairs, and a couple of small kits. I've finally decided to start back into some projects I've had waiting for a number of years.

I have a pretty sweet stereo system setup that I really like finally, but alas, it's all purchased, unmodified equipment... :rolleyes:

So...
I have a Heathkit AA-32 that my father built and a Sansui AU-G99X both awaiting a bit of R&R. And if that wasn't enough, I also have parts for a few other projects like a small Bride of Zen preamp that I never built. Gonna have to pace myself :xeye:

My first goal is to get my workbench cleaned up and ready to go. I'm currently searching for a decent "old" O'scope...

Among other things, I've noticed that the DIYaudio forums here seem to be a bit more sane, and a lot less chaotic than so many of the other audio sites and forums I've ever hung around. Not to mention a whole lot more informative and technical. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions as I start digging into my projects!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.