Hello from Cleveland, Ohio, USA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just joined after finding this group while Googling for a Carver M-1.5t service manual. A member here kindly posted it for free download and I just wanted to say, "Thanks!"
I am an Engineering Technician for a company that makes wireless Medical EEG and EKG monitors. I have been repairing audio equipment for 30 years, both professionally and at home in my spare time. I am also an audiophile. I'm an active member of www.audiokarma.org a great group. We also have a DIY section, you guys might want to check it out. Anyway, just cruising through the messages I have seen that you have some very knowledgeable and helpful people here and I figured I would like to be part of it.

dr56audio said:

I have been repairing audio equipment for 30 years,
both professionally and at home in my spare time.
I am also an audiophile.

nothing beats practical experiences :)

theories,
papers,
articles
and hypothesis of whatever extraordinary things
can be interesting, as for making your day pass

But many, most, members are living in reality
with real issues of their audio systems

you are most welcome
regards
lineup

I see you go back aways, too! Both gone, I'm afraid. Ernie Anderson (Ghoulardi) moved to L.A. and made a very nice living for himself doing voice-overs. His voice is featured in the movie,"Silent Running" as "Anderson," the voice on the radio that talks to Bruce Dern. He became the voice of ABC. He was interviewed not long before his death and he was rather astonished that Ghoulardi is remembered to this day. Cool it with the boom booms!
(For those NOT from Cleveland, Ghoulardi was a late night movie host, who did hilarious and insane bits that were interspersed with the crummy movies they showed. This was in the early 60's.)
http://www.geocities.com/televisioncity/5035/
Ernie Anderson also had a comedy team with Tim Conway, whom some may remember from Michale's Navy and the Carole Burnette Show.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.