I'm Dave - new to this list

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm just getting back to the home hi-fi side of audio. I have been doing auditoria and church sound design for the past 25 years. Why am I returning to home hi-fi? The founder of what had been a large hi-fi speaker co. wants to bring me into their new start-up as the CTO, with my emphasis on the live-sound Church and school side of the speaker market. So I am trying to get up to date on the home hi-fi side of audio.

I am the founder of Worship Space (www.worshipspace.org), a national organization whose members consist of architects, independent acoustic, lighting and technical-systems design consultants, and media contractors for worship space systems. My profile is at http://www.worshipspace.org/people/founder/.

Few people outside of my immediate circle of associates and family know of my love and innovative designs of live-sound loudspeakers. I have been a student of loudspeaker design for over 30 years. In fact most of my time the last few weeks has been invested in conceptual CAD drawings of dozens of state-of-the-art live-sound and playback loudspeaker systems.

My back ground: While a student I sold and installed stereos, that work concluding at Absolute Audio in 1980. My degree was in audio engineering. I began my career in the pro-sound industry in 1980 as the owner and lead audio designer of Sound Advise in So. Cal. (pro-sound). I briefly operated a small pro-loudspeaker company in the 80s (with no funding). I have done pro-loudspeaker systems development based on Tannoy, TAD and JBL drivers; more recently with HPV and FPS planar/ribbon drivers.

I was recently the co-founder and CTO of Perform Acoustics (at http://www.acoustics.ws/), but since sold my equity to my partner. I am currently the pro-loudspeaker Marketing Director and Applications Engineer for FPS USA (part time). The FPS factory web site is at http://www.fps-inc.co.jp/.. The web site for my current consulting company, specializing in the design of Architectural Acoustics and Audio-Visual Systems for large rooms, is at www.d-k-a.com (my primary revenue source).

My next planned venture was to be posted at my latest web domain: www.line-arrays.com. I am considering offering some of my speaker designs to the DIY community, but I'm not sure what effort it will take or what class of loudspeakers to offer.

Most of my speaker designs include planar/ribbon drivers for mid and HF. I am currently looking into adding cone woofers to planar/ribbon drivers, on dipole baffels (w/varioud sub configs.). Since I do mostly live-concert-sound loudspeakers, most of my speaker concepts are hi-SPL designs.

regards,
Dave

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Welcome aboard!
There is a lot of interest in high efficiency speakers here, and about any design you offer will be of interest to someone...

I look forward to your comments also. Look over our speaker threads and you will see that there is interest in lots of different design approaches. Someday we may have a low key pro audio forum here.

Variac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.