Belated introduction

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings all,
A very belated introduction -- I've been busy searching and reading here for months, and forgot to post in this bit.
I'm an audio enthusiast, using PC as source. What got me into DIY was first of all, trying to figure out what make my equipment work and sound good (or not), and then realising that DIY represents...
a) a fascinating, steep learning curve.
b) potentially enormous value for money
c) pride of ownership.

I've been working on a totally DIY'd turntable, although this has taken second rung because my vinyl is all in storage. Then I drifted from the analogue forum over to Class-D, digital, full-range.... and have been trying to reverse my TOTAL ignorance about electronics. My day job is as a journalist and a photographer. At school I scraped by in maths and failed physics. You get the idea.

My current system is a Marantz PM-17/CD-17DA. I also have Norh Class A/AB monoblocks and their wooden drum speakers. For some reason, I have never been 100% happy.

So I've taken the DIY plunge, with the challenge of making a $1000 system that beats anything I've ever had. So I've ordered...

1) a USB>I2S and DDDAC-24 from Deode.
2) an Audiodigit 2020-m Class-T amp and PSU
3) an alps RK40 pot
4) an Audiodigit tubalizer buffer stage
5) a pair of Dave's modded Fostex FE126E's for the frugel project
6) lots of wires, connectors, upgrade caps, plugs etc
7) A soldering iron and a multimeter

In the next few months I'll be putting it all together.

This forum can be tough for newbies like me, and most of the content is WAY above my head. However, hopefully my project will work out, and no doubt I'll be here with regular, annoying questions....

stefan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.