Greetings from the Netherlands

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Jan and Jacco,

I didnt realise that i have not mentioned my first name.
My name is Edwin so you are close.

Thrue the years i have tried bo build a tube preamplifier and a solid state power amplifier.
I never finshed them and in the end sold the components.

1.5 year ago i got an itchy feeling on my head, and realised that it was the diy bug crawling to the surface.

I start browsing for a nice Class-A design.
The designs on the internet are overwhelming, and as i am not an electronics engineer it is difficult to trust a design and build it for a lot of money and take the risk it is a piece of crap.

I once landed on a site of someone (He is/was a member of this forum) who made his heatsinks himself.
The amplifier he was building was a class-A design called Zen design by Nelson Pass.
Here whe go again i thought.
Another guy who thinks he can design an amplifier.

I checked the link to this guys webside and was totally blown.
This man really knows how to design an amplifier.
Sorry for my ignorance Nelson:cannotbe:
From that moment i know it must be an Pass design.

To make an short story long.
I am collecting parts to build two Aleph-2 monoblocks and a Bosoz preamplifier.
In the meantime i am also building new speakers, the Hatt mkIII from Tony Gee.

Jan,

I enjoy this forum for 1.5 year now but never registered myself silly me.

Jacco,

It is always nice to have a little chitchat.

see you
Edwin

Hi Edwin,

greetingz from near Utrecht here :)

I had the same experience with mr Pass. The first time I heard about Zen and other things, I thought: Nice name, but probably crappy amps... Just thought out a good name (just like Opel, it has a very good brandname, but those cars...bweghhh)....

Until I saw a thread about building a Aleph amplifier on another forum (Dutch) and started reading about this Mr. Pass.... and wowie, he is indeed GOOD!
So, also from me: sorry mr Pass :D

Welcome, and have fun on this forum.... If you ever get lost somewhere and by accident you drive on the A2, I'll see you :)

Grtz, Joris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.