James from Australia

Hi,

Live in Western Sydney, Australia.
Long time reader and almost first time poster. Have been quietly assimilating information from this and a couple of other great forums.
Several months ago, purchased and built the Elekit Amp and Pre-amp, with upgrades and most recently the Lundahl transformers from Victor. Built birchply bass reflex speakers using the Super 15's from Audio Nirvana in an Ambience set-up. Built a PC with a EVGU audio card, lots of storage and generally play Flac files via JRiver, which works well as I've networked it to be available on several devices/bluetooth speakers throughout the home. Love the phone's ability to remote control the music from anywhere in the home. Also have a Planar turntable (entry level) that sounds a lot better than I think it should.
Room set up isn't ideal (5.5m X 6.5m with a vaulted ceiling) but I hope to move it all to a more ideal area on the near future.
I have a Richtor sub woofer (stolen from my home theater room) and use it with the bass plugs in, along with recently building 2 of the bucket subs which sit in each corner of the room out of the way, driven by a fairly basic dayton audio plate amplifier (they just add that subtle fill-in bass).
I've most recently purchased a Umik mic and started doing measurements, trying to understand REW and adjusting settings in JRiver. Have tried a couple of sets of tubes and gone back to the original ones for the measurements.
I think it's sounding better than ever and continue to thoroughly enjoy the clarity and sound stage as I tinker along...

James

Attachments

• IMAG0309.jpg
    IMAG0309.jpg
    979.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMAG0400.jpg
    IMAG0400.jpg
    811.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMAG0407 1.jpg
    IMAG0407 1.jpg
    664 KB · Views: 65