Hi from Upstate NY!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

noob from the Ithaca area here. I’ve been lurking and thinking about building my own audio equipment for quite a while. At first primarily speakers but lately I’ve been thinking about starting with one of the amplifier kits. I’ve been considering the ACA, Akitika and Icepower kits, but wonder if I should start with something really basic to develop my soldering skills first. I’d love to get some input on that and maybe some suggestions for smaller projects. I’m finally joining after years of lurking because I now have some space to set up a comfortable work area and am starting to assemble equipment. Thanks in advance for all the help. Hopefully I’ll eventually be able to contribute myself.

craig

Thanks Chris and Pepe. Good advice on building something I’ll be able to use Chris. I’ve been looking for something inexpensive (little headphone amp or phono pre or something). I’d like to start with a kit as my knowledge of electronics is still pretty minimal and my soldering skills need work. But I’m eager to learn. Any suggestions for kits or easy to copy designs? I’ll start digging around the threads and the store but if you have any favorites I’d love to get some tips.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.