Greetings from Belgium

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone,

I've been browsing the forum for some times now, trying to get acquainted with aspects of DIY audio building.

I'm slowly getting started with electronics, trying to allocate one hour each day to read The Art of Electronics. I'm slowly getting the hang of it. This is very far from my field of study. I'm a visual artist, with an interest in audio and tinkering that started out when I was 14 and fell in love with electronic music. As my tastes have matured over the years, I found myself asking more and more from my equipment.

The year 2020, for obvious reasons, have left me with an unquenchable need to solder, assemble, fine-tune my own equipment.

As of now, I've built a few cables, and I'm in the final steps of designing my own high-end digital audio player to use on-the-go. I'll post about it when it's finished, perhaps it will be of interest to some of you. It's a screenless device, controlled with any smartphone, with an uncompromising onboard DAC and 1TB of storage, that doubles down as a Roon endpoint when at home.

I'm eager to learn more from you guys!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.