Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Hello from Herts. UK
Hello from Herts. UK
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th November 2020, 04:41 PM   #1
devilvole is offline devilvole  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Hello from Herts. UK

It was at the start of lockdown....there are going to be lots of these kind of stories but I decided to play some more vinyl so needed an amp upstairs. I pinched the NAD 302 from the dining room and therefore needed a replacement. Aha! I have an old amp in the loft so up I went and down came an early 70s Wharefdale Linton and a pile of dust. There actually wasn't much wrong bar lots of duff wiring (single core...hmm), some utterly past-it caps and a couple of dry joints which must have been there since manufacture. I sorted it all out - and the case - and it sounds sweet as a sweet thing paired with my B&W CM1s. Cue bloke in pub with a NAD 3020 which I then sorted out (caps again), and that was it, hooked. Mostly NADs so far, all donated or bought from flea-bay as non-working; another 302, C340, 3020e, 7225PE and a couple of CD players. O yes - and a T773 I picked up for £25 on which all the output stages work! I was led here searching for info with the 7225 getting very warm after replacing all the semis from bias out after some "event" which left the leads of a resistor (the 180 ohm one between the drivers) but nothing else! Some great info and hopefully I will be able to contribute in time. Cheers!
Old 18th November 2020, 04:58 PM   #2
lindamar is offline lindamar  Spain
diyAudio Member

Hello, welcome
Hola, bienvenido

.Pepe.
Old 18th November 2020, 05:34 PM   #3
merlin el mago is offline merlin el mago  Europe
Sin Bin

Welcome.

Benvingut.
  Reply to this post

Hello from Herts. UKHide this!Advertise here!