Hello from Herts. UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It was at the start of lockdown....there are going to be lots of these kind of stories but I decided to play some more vinyl so needed an amp upstairs. I pinched the NAD 302 from the dining room and therefore needed a replacement. Aha! I have an old amp in the loft so up I went and down came an early 70s Wharefdale Linton and a pile of dust. There actually wasn't much wrong bar lots of duff wiring (single core...hmm), some utterly past-it caps and a couple of dry joints which must have been there since manufacture. I sorted it all out - and the case - and it sounds sweet as a sweet thing paired with my B&W CM1s. Cue bloke in pub with a NAD 3020 which I then sorted out (caps again), and that was it, hooked. Mostly NADs so far, all donated or bought from flea-bay as non-working; another 302, C340, 3020e, 7225PE and a couple of CD players. O yes - and a T773 I picked up for £25 on which all the output stages work! I was led here searching for info with the 7225 getting very warm after replacing all the semis from bias out after some "event" which left the leads of a resistor (the 180 ohm one between the drivers) but nothing else! Some great info and hopefully I will be able to contribute in time. Cheers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.