Newby from South Africa. Hi there

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Old topic with lots of info available on this forum, but I am still stuck.. I'm also very new to any form of electronics and took this on with the hope of learning something new and also having a beautiful looking and sounding amp.
I'm building a 6sn7 pre amp with vintage parmeko transformers and choke (supplied as "kit" by a local tube amp builder),and have been battling to get rid of hum (even with the suppliers assistance)
It seems like 50Hz, and is not affected by the volume pots. What I have done so far: I tried moving the transformers, choke and rectifier tube far away, changed tubes, changed rectifier tube, added DC supply to the heaters (from tentlabs, but actually made for directly heated tubes) I've added shieding over tubes, between transformers and everything else. Any ideas?

Diagram6SN7.jpg

Here's the schematic

Attachments

• Diagram6SN7.jpeg
    Diagram6SN7.jpeg
    255.7 KB · Views: 62
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.