Anging Frenchy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there, here's my obligatory self presentation :

I'm essentially a music lover. I came to audio devices to compensate my needs in a town where concert halls were very sparse.
My first use of recorded audio (LPs) was to "prepare" my listening of operas, mostly.
Even if I have a "pseudo-scientific" background as a physician-psychiatrist, my engineering level is very limited :

I assembled a few kits from "la Maison de l'Audiophile" just like uber-sophisticated Legos.
At 60, I have a little more time to investigate theories underlying electronics.
Since I also plan to learn ancient Hebrew AND make an unsupported bicycle world tour. The coming 25 years will be hectic.

Keep moving or die !:)

I just wonder why there's no French group here in diyAudio ?

Welcome to diyAudio. The forum has areas of interest but no groups based on language. Make sure to read the forum rules where you will see that the language used is always English. If you post in a different language it must be accompanied by its English translation.

Welcome. Regarding opera, YouTube participation has brought rare private recordings, 78 era radio broadcasts, recitals, etc. Archive.org has some opera in the public domain.

Often, the "amateur" uploads of acoustic and electric era 78s are better than commercial releases as are not heavily filtered.

Best wishes,
Freddy

Welcome to diyAudio. The forum has areas of interest but no groups based on language. Make sure to read the forum rules where you will see that the language used is always English. If you post in a different language it must be accompanied by its English translation.

Sorry for being unclear :

I should have specified :

"Geographically French located members able to write in an understandable international English".
I've already seen here some names I've seen in French forums !
Yves

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Bonjour Yves, beinvenu a diyAudio!

I too built kits from la Masion de l'Audiophile and spent much time there in the 1980s. I am able to write French in an internationally unintelligible way. :p (bien compris par les vaches espagnoles)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.