Hello diyAudio-fans!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
before starting contribs in this forum I would like to introduce myself:

My name is Gerhard, I am living in Germany and until my retirement I was working as an automotive electronics engineer. My hobbies are chess, motorcycle, electronic and... yes, Audio (esp. amps & loudspeaker).

My long-lasting back-brain audio-project surrounds the topic "Current-Drive for Loudspeaker (I-Drive vs. V-Drive). I intend to simulate characteristic params like THD, IMD, Step-Response, Bursts, etc. using tools like Matlab and Spice. All this with real loudspeaker loads.
Linear loudspeaker models are available and producing reasonable results.
Currently I am working on analysing methods and algorithms.

The benchmark shall include <10 linear amplifiers, which requires available schematics in gEda, KiCad or Eagle, to support netlist creation for Spice-simulations with "real loads".

The simulations will be restricted to the linear travel of the loudspeaker-cone. Extended nonlinear simulation can start later.

Are there already any contribution along this topic or is this a new question?
I don't want to re-invent the wheel.

Where should this project be issued within this forum's scope?

looking forward to your response...
kr, sepp2gl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.