Hello from Pangolin!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone!

My name is William Benner. DIY Audio Forum is certainly full of great information and a lot of expertise, and that's why I'm here.

My company Pangolin manufactures laser systems that are very often used in concerts and special effects. The lasers are projected using very small motors that we call "Scanners". The impedance and power handling capability are very similar to speakers, so we often wind up using audio power amplifiers to drive them.

It's great to become a part of this community!

Best regards,

William Benner

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi William and welcome to diyAudio!

We have a lot of members with commercial interests, please familiarize yourself with the rules with respect to commercial posts.

Certainly it sounds like there may be some interesting discussions :)

Tony.

Hi, thanks for the replies, and the guidance.

Trust me, I'm not here to peddle my wares ;-) Just here to ask some questions and hopefully provoke some meaningful thought.

See the difference in audio amps using scanners? Possibly yes! We do often use audio amps to drive the scanners, just because they're convenient and inexpensive, and the load is similar. But if the amplifier is crappy, then our projected image will be too ;-)

Bill

started the whole pandemic didn’t they?

Hehe, yes I have seen that there is some speculation about that. Personally, I think Chick-Fil-A got it right with this billboard.

IMG_7272.jpg

Bill

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.