Hello from Australia

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All, Roy here.

Youtube has rekindled my interest audio.

Whatever you may think of him, Hexibase has me interested in making a small sub to go in the Ute and some transmission line\4th order bookshelf speaker for the home.

I used to like big sound in the car but my age ( and maybe wisdom) has me looking for better, clearer sound.

I'm in a unique predicament, due to meningitis as a child the nerves from my ears were damaged and as a result i am nearly entirely deaf in my left ear and half deaf in my right.

This leads me to be critical of the speakers I like listening to.

Also, I like DIY.

G'day Roy,

Don't forget to share your project because there are many super knowledgeable people on here who will gladly help out!

BTW the 3d printed creations that Hexibase has been doing are interesting. I think I'd rather stick to wood as the structural medium, but interesting for prototyping nonetheless.

Cheers!

Hi All, thanks for the welcome.

We'll when it comes to my projects where would be the best thread to post it in?
First i need to ask about substitutes for a tectonic tebm28c10/a and a Tang Band W3 1876s.

Purchasing them from the states is US70. and one place i found in australia is more expensive.

Thanks for the welcome,

avtech, I am planning on creating Hexibase's Hexibox v3 and transmission line speakers.
The sub for the ute and the T\line for the house.

And yes i was going to make them out of wood (mdf).

However, getting the Tang band W3 1876s and Tectonic TEBM28C10-4/A from Parts express has a 70US shipping cost. which is a bit expensive for me at the moment.

So which would be the best thread to ask about
a: cheap australian sources
or
b: Decent and still cheap substitutes that are available in australia

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Prices in Australia for outside products can be high. Som suppliers don't purchase in large enough quantities to alleviate shipping. I've found items where the shipping is more than the product, and still cheaper than buying locally.

In the speaker section you'll find a few different forums. The Planars and Exotics subforum might be a place to talk about your bending wave Tectonics' in general, but when it comes to crossing them, move to Multi-Way. The Tang Band is marketed as a sub, I think transmission line design is something the Subwoofer subforum can do, but it is also discussed in full-range and multi-way.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.