My Introduction

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to all,

My name is Dimitriy and I am a fourth year Mechanical Engineering student at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, CA. I've been a member of the AES for the past two years, and have just completed an acoustics class where I built two ported bookshelves and a sealed center channel using Vifa Logic series BG 14WK03-04 5-1/4" midbass drivers and VIFA MG27TG29-04 1" dome tweeters. Can't afford anything extraordinary on a college student budget, so speaker building seems like a great way to go. My current set up consists of a Yamaha HTR-5540 receiver and a pair of Celestion Ditton 33's, as well as the speakers I just put together. I also have an old Kenwood KR 920B receiver laying around somewhere. Anyway, that's about all for now.

Regards,

Dimitriy

San Luis Obispo! GREAT! :wave2:

I'm in Arroyo Grande. You should swing by and check out my shop sometime. I’ve actually got a patent pending on a new audio transducer technology that I might let you preview – I’ll ask my attorney if I’ll need to snuff you afterward. Send me a private email and I’ll give you my number.

Hey, are there any other Central California Coast audioheads?

-Casey Walsh

BROKEN THIRDS,

We used the following textbook in our acoustics class:

Fundamentals of Acoustics, Fourth Edition, by Lawrence E. Kinsler, Austin R. Frey, Alan B. Coppens, and James V. Sanders.

I can't say this was a very useful book. Couldn't find a single exmaple in it. I found myself using my old vibes book for the first half of the class.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.