Hello from Australia

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I live in New South Wales, Wauchope. I do have a sound system with a Yamaha receiver and Canton speakers. Getting a little deafer and got myself earphones so wife can have the tv as low as she wants and I listen to the earphones via bluetooth, which I can turn up as loud as I want it. Thought of upgrading my speakers and receiver and splash some money. Then I came across you and got the idea to build my own speakers. It looks very involved, BUT there are good tutorials and I ordered some books from the US of A.

I thought that I had seen plans for boxes and crossovers and what drivers to use. Cant find it again. Could you please show me where on the forum I could find them.

Also links to were I could get these online.

Thank you and my regards to all.
Werner

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Werner,

Welome to the forum.

Check out the Loudspeaker’s Forum.

It has sections on Multi-Way (typical 2/3/more ways), a Full Range forum (single-driver systems or single driver + helper woofers [WAW/ FAST]), Subwoofers, and Exotics (ESL or Electro-dynamic planners).

A wealth of valuable information, designs, experiences, opinion, and theory. Check them all out they cross-pollinate.

It should open your eyes to the many facets of building your own loudspeakers.

Have fun, and don’t be afraid to ask questions.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.