Cheers from Michigan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm Brad, from near Ann Arbor MI.
I started messing around with electronics in the 1980's in high school and for a while thought that's what I wanted to do. Then in College I discovered that all the classes were on Digital Matrix math! ughh. I switched majors to Mechanical Engineering. Years passed, and while trying to listen to my TEAC V-850X cassette deck - which was banished to the basement- along with my LP's- discovered it did not work. I turned to the internet and found that it was probably belts, they were available, and not too expensive. I repaired the TEAC, and was filled with confidence. That led me to research the Pioneer SX-1010 I had been using as a tuner for a decade, as it had a failed power amp section. I found out that it was a well regarded unit, and parts were available! Long post a bit shorter- I fixed it, and its in service now. That rekindled my electronics hobby, and now many projects later, I'm building a version of the Forewatt preamp from scratch. There is a thread on it in Tube.
I've learned and read a bunch here, but just now joined.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.