Hello from Indiana! Newbie Questions re: Books

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Heya all, I'm Jonathan from northern Indiana. I am very new to DIY audio (and indeed, circuits of any sort). I have a pair of Grado SR80e headphones, and I have decided that, during this quarantine, I am going to learn a bit about basic circuit design and building, and then try a DIY headphone amp (of which I see a few projects out there).

Would you recommend any of the books seen here: 76 Best Circuit Design Books of All Time - BookAuthority

Or any of these (as they're free)?

Electronics Design 101

Electrical engineering | Science | Khan Academy

Other free books / websites?

I'm not opposed to buying anything, but if someone says, "Skip all that and use this website," then I'll proceed in that way.

Thanks, all!

Welcome Jonathan.

Benvingut Jonathan.

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum Jonathan.

If you search there are at least a few thread’s askin gthe same question.

The built in search is somewhat limited and quirky, better luck may be has using <search term> site:diyaudio.com on Google.

dave

I will try that - thank you!

Google the Navy neets series. It is a great place to start

That's pretty fascinating. I will look more deeply into that.

So many good books are available free, there's no reason to buy any.
https://www.pearl-hifi.com/06_Lit_A...pers/Horowitz-Hill/The_Art_of_Electronics.pdf

Thank you! I will look over that book. It seems from the get-go to be a bit beyond what I need, but I can always use it as a building block.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.