A new guy from germany

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello together,

I'm new to this forum and in parts to audio processing (digital signal processing, analog circui desing for HF applications i'm into if it comes to digital signal transmission), so i want to say sorry for my stupid question in advance, and for my bad english as well.

However, i have studied electrical engineering and worked in the past years on lighting and home automation (hobby wise). During the last years i worked on my PhD in computer science, which is the cause why I forgott some details on signal processing :/. Anyway now i want to prcatice those skills and planned, to build my own AV-Receiver, based on the TI class-D amplifiers. The plan is to grab 5.1 Audio from the HDMI and Tosslink/AES-3 protocol. The latter, however, is one of the later steps as it seems to be more complex than expected, thus i will work on the analog back end and use as a stopgap with a COTS 5.1 audio grabber as the backend is finished (which is a lot of work anyway :)).

So hopefully i can provide some helpfull comments and get some if i got stuck at a ceartain point.

Best regards Björn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.