New from West Yorkshire

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all.
Just seen this thread, already made a couple of posts so apologies for not stopping by here first.

Just getting into the hobby really although I've had mid range gear for the last 13 years or so. I'm no electrician but keen to learn and am currently refurbishing a pair of B&W concept 90s and a pair of B&W DM2 Series ii. Just taken the 32 year old varnish off the concept carcasses today, hoping to get the paint off the CM1s tomorrow and have these finished by next weekend...not sure whether to paint the carcasses or teak oil them....

Also if anyone can point me in the direction of the "Wanted" thread (I can only find for sale thread) I'd appreciate it.

In need of a Bowers and Wilkins zz9490 bass driver for the old cm2s.

I'll aim to respond as fast as possible to any replies but I am a train driver so I may be somewhat late. :D

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Welcome.

Want request go into the sales thread.

There is a strong group of diyers in your neck of the woods. Check it out (but right now stay at home and stay safe).

I had a pair of DM302 (bought new), that was the last B&W i liked, but my tastes have evolved since then and the lastest ones do not butter my toast.

dave

Thanks for the info....

I've got a couple pairs of B&Ws and I thought they sounded like they were lacking a little detail.... Just recapping the crossovers and hopefully this will put some life into them. They are fairly old though, the DM2 series 2s are 43 and the Concept 90s ar 31 years old.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.