Nice to meet you

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

Thank goodness for all the resources on the interweb! I look forward to joining your conversations.

I had a 30 year career in professional audio...recording studio then record company then equipment/services provider. For the last 7 years, I have been developing commercial PV solar projects. No circuit design for me...mostly management...but I do have a BSEE from way back when so I sometimes get bogged down with all the little details.

My first project: Restoring some 1963 Bozak B-302A speakers.

I have read through the Bozak Facebook group and AudioKarma so know all about the Tobin mods, enclosing the midrange driver, etc. I would like to do some measurements of my own to confirm things like my individual driver effeciency and frequency response in order to set my crossover points and required attenuation to the ideal (keeping it first order). Does data for the Bozaks drivers already exist somewhere? I need your guidence about where to start this project.

I have a trusty Radio Shack SPL meter and an Audio Control C101 Analyzer with mic but I'd like to utilize some newer tools. I have a fairly new Windows computer. I'm hoping some of the free RTA's are better than what I have. I am looking for tool and setup recommendations as well.

Enough of an intro? Thanks for reading and providing any comments/info you may care to share.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.