Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Nice to meet you
Nice to meet you
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th March 2020, 08:24 PM   #1
BAllen is offline BAllen  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Nice to meet you

Hi All,

Thank goodness for all the resources on the interweb! I look forward to joining your conversations.

I had a 30 year career in professional audio...recording studio then record company then equipment/services provider. For the last 7 years, I have been developing commercial PV solar projects. No circuit design for me...mostly management...but I do have a BSEE from way back when so I sometimes get bogged down with all the little details.

My first project: Restoring some 1963 Bozak B-302A speakers.

I have read through the Bozak Facebook group and AudioKarma so know all about the Tobin mods, enclosing the midrange driver, etc. I would like to do some measurements of my own to confirm things like my individual driver effeciency and frequency response in order to set my crossover points and required attenuation to the ideal (keeping it first order). Does data for the Bozaks drivers already exist somewhere? I need your guidence about where to start this project.

I have a trusty Radio Shack SPL meter and an Audio Control C101 Analyzer with mic but I'd like to utilize some newer tools. I have a fairly new Windows computer. I'm hoping some of the free RTA's are better than what I have. I am looking for tool and setup recommendations as well.

Enough of an intro? Thanks for reading and providing any comments/info you may care to share.

Last edited by BAllen; 30th March 2020 at 08:53 PM.
Old 30th March 2020, 08:35 PM   #2
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Nice to meet you
Welcome to the forum!
Old 30th March 2020, 08:45 PM   #3
lindamar is offline lindamar  Spain
diyAudio Member

Hello, welcome
Hola, bienvenido

.Pepe.
Old 31st March 2020, 12:02 PM   #4
merlin el mago is offline merlin el mago  Europe
diyAudio Member

Welcome.

Benvingut.
  Reply to this post

Nice to meet youHide this!Advertise here!