new guy here

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
retired, mid 60's central kansas,

background in mechanics and electronics

finally at a point in my life where i want to hear "my" music before i can't hear it anymore.

i also have an affinity for old stuff, particularly mid 60's japanese speakers, or rather the reuse of old drivers.

what really interests me is using these old drivers and building new and interesting cabinets for them, to get something enjoyable and useful as a result.

is there a particular forum or subsection i can be directed to, so that i don't end up upsetting those that think this is some sort of horrendous abomination.

;)

thanks
bob g

Welcome to the forums Bob! As it stands, the two of us have eerily similar backgrounds...a career as an Auto-tech, me 63, schooled in electronics, always building, creating or fixing something.
I found & read a pair of books that piqued my simmering interest in all of this...speakers huh? I'd be learning (reading) about Theile Small parameters, understanding it completely, that understanding gives you a core of knowledge that helps immensely to branch out to other parameters.

---------------------------------------------------------------------Rick.......

Wow, yup very similar career path Richard

my first love was electronics, went to tech school for that and almost completed the two year course, when i ran out of money... had to hustle pool at the local bar to get gas money to commute back and forth, that and arm wrestling... small town and it got me through a couple months, but guys get tired of losing and paying my gas bill. :)

my second love has always been mechanical, and the local IH truck dealer saw some potential and offered me a job,,, dropped out of school and took the job for $3.20 per hour.. wow tall cotton huh? ;)

of course that was spring of '75, and at that time a young guy couldn't buy a job, so i figured if i was going to make a change in career path, i set my mind to be the best diesel mechanic around.

bob g

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.