Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

New Hifi Engine website
New Hifi Engine website
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th March 2020, 03:34 PM   #11
fixitguy09 is offline fixitguy09  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfpca View Post
About Copyright - For many years I was a moderator on GTTalk, a garden tractor forum. We had a large collection of manuals for vintage tractors, collected from member donations over many years. All was fine for most manufacturers. Most of the manuals were for long out of production models. However, John Deere objected to the manuals and threatened legal action. We had to remove the JD section from the forum to prevent further legal action.
So a lot depends on how each individual manufacturer views the issue. There is also the Forum regulations to look at. If they forbid having copyrighted manuals here then it is a no starter to have them here, even though it is the best place for them to be.
Too bad about Hifiengine. They should consider offering a paid subscription service for forks who use the manuals to support a repair business.
Nova Scotia, my favorite Canadian province, damn near bought a place on West Lake Anslie not to long ago, every time I go out to pick up child from university I spend time there looking for place.

Anyways I am off topic here, Yes a paid subscription would have suited me fine but some how HiFi Engine.com has not figured that out, hence why I just decide to use the money I otherwise would have paid them and start a more user friendly version myself. HiFiEngine.com is his "sandbox" to do with as he please's but he'll soon find out owning all the toys in the sandbox isn't much fun when all his friends leave cause he's a jerk
Old 31st March 2020, 07:10 AM   #12
as_audio is offline as_audio
diyAudio Member

I agree with the intention to create more places like HifiEngine,
but am in doubt that the huge effort to maintain a task like this
can be done in spare time.

It is pretty sure that HifiEngine will be closed as soon as the
gentlemen over there loose interest in this business model.
Always better if you have the opportunity to choose.

This is what I wrote in another thread :
Quote:
Originally Posted by as_audio
In the meantime I will not recommend HIFIENGINE any more.

Being a valuable site I do not understand their policy.
They cancel hints to other websites with useful information or better scans for a particular unit.

I have been completely banned after trying to help somebody in their "requests forum",
hinting at a readable diagram in Elektrotanya.

This happened after I contributed tons of material: service manuals, diagrams
and repair tips over the years.

Now they call me "Anonymous" or "(not verified)".

"Thanks again to as-audio for the scans": it will not happen again.

There is no particular responsible webmaster, he is really anonymus.
The site is owned by some company.
Old 31st March 2020, 02:23 PM   #13
fixitguy09 is offline fixitguy09  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpapag View Post
I feel I owe to Hi Fi Engine site for the hundreds of Service Manuals I have downloaded, studied and learned from. I have given back zero to them.
The site owner has to take his measures to keep it functional in the long run. I would put myself in his shoes first and then put out some strong criticism.
I too confirm Hi Fi Engine site functions normally.
It seems to me the OT poster doesn’t speak the whole story.

George
Well George it is as described originally, but you will learn the way the rest of us did about HiFi Engine.com, and just to show no petty stuff on my site when its up and running, I won't "ban" for accusing me of not speaking the whole truth, everyone entitled to the opinion even if its wrong

New Hifi Engine websiteHide this!Advertise here!