New Hifi Engine website

The initial poster is very correct about HifiEngine. I just happened to be out in public and used wifi and then got my account banned (guess someone had used another account at that location, not sure who it was then) then because it was also logged in at home it banned me at that IP too so I could not use Either location anymore. I managed to get another account and used that for awhile as carefully as I could, even got one unbanned once but then one day at work I was logged in, went to lunch and my coworker did not know I was on the site on a computer in the back, he tried to log into his account on a completely different computer and he got both our accounts banned. Apparently when talking to the webmaster, he wants us to share the same account in public when we go to a public location and use Wifi or at work or anything - a new account for every location, seriously why? Just because many of you follow the same pattern and haven't gotten unlucky and had a friend come by and log in on their phone while accidently using Wifi, or that you do not go out in public and download, that you do not download information at your place of work (or do not have employees/coworkers that might do the same). is likely the only reasons you have not run into a ban.

So this basically means you can get banned just cause you have similar interest as someone else using the same Wifi while out in public - goodness forbid you go to a meetup and would like to download a schematic. I just do not see the point in hosting a public website just to treat your visitors like that.

I highly endorse the initial poster and hope he is successful, I was thinking of doing something similar but I am still building up a supply. Have bought many. There really is absolutely NO reason for that.

The product they have is great, I would even be more than happy to have paid a couple bucks to not deal with that bs and just get to use the site like a normal person with my own account anywhere and anyhow I can connect to the website with my own credentials so I do not have to count on leaving a public account listed everywhere I ever want to go and hoping everyone understands that it HAS to be used anytime they go any of those locations... and then you get one troll and they can get you banned out of all of them at all locations for life.

I am excited to see your work fixitguy09, I really do see the need and greatly appreciate your interest to fix this. If you are in need of assistance and I am able to help I would be happy to. Thank you very much for even thinking about it. I have a ton of old schematics, something like 1900 tube amp schematics (700MB - they were not large files but good schematics) , have a large quantity of Heathkit schematics and manuals (about 3.5GB) with a crossref/alternatives for parts list last updated at end of 2003, few hundred pinball/arcade schematics (1.5GB), Lots of random schematics I have downloaded/purchased over the last couple years, multiple books (PWM, SMPS, LCD repair), 1100 laptop schematics (8.5GB), and plenty more stuff - more in other folders ect.

Dear Sirs,

I think so all peoples problem is same. Hifiengine banned my country. My problem is bigger from yours. :)
I was make business with some English companys in the past, they was very gentle also smart.
I'm thinking like Mr. Ober too. How can I help you in my known?

I can share;
Technics SL-Q2 Service and owner Manual ShureM75_E_Type II Cartridge specs.(also Schmatic diagram)
Marantz 2275 Owner/Service Manual (also Schmatic diagram)
Sony CDP350 Owner/Service Manual (also Schmatic diagram)
Focal Speaker positioning calculation
JVC286 Owner/Service Manual (also Schmatic diagram)

Парень, стоящий за hifiengine/vinylengine, немного параноик, и любые попытки множественного входа в систему блокируют вас. Он также установил ограничения на скачивание. который h является его прерогативой как его сайт. Меня раздражает то, что руководства собираются и сканируются другими людьми, но он ставит на них водяные знаки. Идеальным решением был бы источник руководств здесь. Не знаю, как охраняются авторские права...

The guy behind hifiengine/vinylengine is a teeny bit paranoid and any attempts at multiple logons and you get blocked. He's also put download limits on. whic h is his perogative as his site. The part that galls me is that the manuals are crowdsourced and scanned by others but he watermarks them all. Ideal solution would be a source of manuals on here. Not sure how the copyright gets policed though...
It also blocks access from proxy servers and then bans. What difference does it make where you enter. I think it's abnormal.

I was also a long time member of hifi and i too have been banned. I never did anything wrong nor wood I .
I forgot my password using a different mac mini I have. I never let someone else use my account or anything like that.
I have a small repair business in Los Angeles and really counted on these manuals.
If there is another site being created im all for it.
I am sorry i dont know much about maintaining a site to help but ill would love to have a new source for manuals.