Hello everyone!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been dabbling in electronics for awhile. I'm just plain not very good, but I keep doing it and learning. I can solder and own basic equipment. A couple of years back a friend gave me a scrap stage amp they had with blown caps and a burnt transformer, I tore it down and saved the important bits and got a set of chips from it to run down how to use.

A couple of weeks ago a 2.1 computer speaker system in my house went out and I set about fixing it. The left channel was fried...burnt a hole in the board fried. But I got the rest up and going, sounded great but no left speaker.

I decided to buy a cheap Chinese mini amp (TDA3118 30+30 +60) to replace the burnt board and I'm waiting on it to come in. I was reading about power supplies here and was very surprised by the level of the posters on this site. I look forward to learning but don't have a lot to add to the skills being demonstrated at this point.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.