Howdy all

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looks like just the place to learn a bit more about electronics as I step into deeper water.

I've built a few kits and repaired a few very simple things. Finally getting some decent tools together and have a place to work on things. And since I'm currently between jobs I have a bit of time.

Current project is to repair and upgrade the factory amp in my daily driver 97 Explorer.

I do need to figure out which forum to post questions about testing an ST70023AB output amp...anyway lots of reading to do before much posting. Thanks for sharing knowledge!

Welcome! Use your time between jobs wisely. There is a wealth of experience here. Members include beginners, enthusiasts, professionals and scientists.
Choose your questions wisely and you'll reap a vast amount of reward.
Yup, lots of knowledge here.

With a little digging I found a few threads about the chip amp with which I currently have a problem. One thread was particularly telling: nothing obvious wrong with other components so changed chip amp to fix it. That is sort of where I'm at now and have ordered replacement chips. I'll try to do a little more diagnosing while waiting on the replacements to arrive to see if any of the four chips are salvageable. The existing chips are obsolete/unavailable so I've got to change all four if one is bad.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.