Hello from another Canberran

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

I'm Simon from Canberra, Aust.

I've joined diyAudio because I've started trying to learn about D.I.Y. amplifiers, as a way of improving my knowledge of analogue electronics. I'm much more at home with digital, where I've been tinkering for about ten years or so. I'm a software engineer for my day job, having worked in firmware, data-processing applications and now web design.

I have an interest in retrocomputing and modifying old machines. I enjoy messing around with CNC machines such as my laser cutter and 3D printer and voiding all the warranties.

Last year I built a 24W stereo amplifier based on the "simple" design from the book Understanding Electricity and Electronics, by G. Randy Slone. That was a success and a lot of fun, so I've begun building the "advanced" 50W design from the same book. I have encountered problems that are over my head, so I've come here to ask for help.

Simon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.