Hey all, new here, looking for the right forum to post in

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I'm brand new to the forum and also pretty much to audio electronics in general.

What would be the best forum to post a question regarding a bluetooth boombox conversion? Briefly, I wired a bluetooth receiver to the existing amp and it worked, but it was super quiet, so I purchased a combined reciever and amp. Now the trouble is, I'm not sure how to integrate it with the elegant line-in override via the phono input.

In order to use the Phono Input, You must:

Pad the signal level down, since the Bluetooth out will be above 4-5mV for sure. (Resistor pad or pot would do it)

"UnRIAA" the Phono input, since it incorporates a RIAA filter for playing records.
That means removing / changing components on the op-amp feedback circuit...
There are also inverse RIAA circuits which would go between the Bluetooth and the Phono In, but I presume it will add also noise, because of the phono's input high gain

Explain "elegant line-in override"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.