Howdy from Central Texas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I'm Dave. I am so glad I found this place!
I am joining because of my interest in talking to others with similar interests and to share ideas and solutions. I have had a career as a physicist although I did mostly electrical engineering research. I've been an audiophile since I was about 12 (vacuum tubes back then!) but because of limited free time due to my career, I was never able to really get into it. I actually retired 2-1/2 years ago and I am now getting to figure out what to do with all the free time I now have. So I am pushing audio up on my list of hobbies. My latest acquisition is a Carver C-500 amplifier with blown outputs that I am looking at. I was originally going to just repair it but after reverse-engineering to make the schematic and studying it, I realized it has several design flaws. So I am going to re-engineer it starting with a speaker protection circuit addition, and several other mods/additions. I have a broken Marantz 2252B, Peavey CS 400 amp, Carver C-4000 preamp, Marantz MA 600 Amp, and Marantz SD 9000 Cassette Deck, all broken, and waiting in the wings. Should be fun!!!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.