New(old) austrian join this great forum

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello this is robert from austria, iam glad to join that forum.
Iam an old fan from audio, this love even started when iam was a teenager..

Meanwhile time is gone and i have get good equipment and have now the motivation and time to do more by myself.

I have tried out many tuning on my and my friends equipment, "hunting" for a "better" sound, but as a kind of hobby, not to be very satisfied with the sound with the existend equipment.
So maybe i can help humans here and iam expecting also to learn from others knowledge and experiences.
So i curious where the journey will drive me to the audio heaven...
robert

Hi, iam new here in that forum and just made a post for new members here.
I will start a project to combine my existend equipment with the Trinnov Altitude32. As i cant get real much information, i try to find out ore here on that great forum.
My hunt is for inside pictures from the Trinnov Altitude32, basic overview and detail pictures.Also information which audio boards are used is very helpfull.
The idea is to implement the Trinnov in my Meridian system with digital active speakers-M/DSPs called from now on.
Reason is that for my ears the Trinnov (with correction )sound better. I want to listen in Multichannel(MCh) as i like that better for a long time when its carefully adapted.Currently i use the M-presets(upmix fom 2channels) to get a "surround" sound.That works very good for me for a very long time untill i get my trinnov amethyst, that sadly say, sounds better.
I want to use the upmix possibilities from the Trinnov Altitude32 to have the advantage on all my M-DSP`s. How to make that:
1)Use the digital outputs from T and thats it
2)Use the possibility from T to make crossover on the "preamp" level

Option 1) is flawless, just need (mechanical) adapter cables(from AES to RJ45)
Advantages are it will work out from the start and the sound is "good enough"
Option 2) As the Trinnov offers DSP active crossovers for the chassis the idea is to use this to have theoretical better matching of the chassis and not be "captured" from the non accessable M-crossovers.
Another reason is that the processor board inside the M-speakers are limited to 96kHz. To overcome all that there are two choices:
A)Use the analogue output from the Trinnov and bypass(for audio only) the processor board inide the M_DSP`s. Volume control(adjust the analogue gain of the amps inside the speaker) and display infos still run over the processor board.
So for each front speaker(L,C,R) four analouge cable for the chassis are necessary.Advantage is that the 96kHz limitation is gone and the chassis crossover and impulse reaction can be done better(in theory).Disadvantage is tha t now four "good" analogue cables have to run underneath my floor (burried tubes for wires).That have to be very thin,small and i suspect i will not find that cables for that high quality approach ?? The second issue is that that cable have to run up to 8 meters to the speakers and that can decrease the sound(current use are digital signal on Cat/ethernet cables).Adavantage here is that the (better ?-higher frequency?) D/A converter from the Trinnov are used and also the volume regulation and its a standard application for the trinnov.
B) Is the idea to overcome the analogue cable issues and install the audio output boards(Digitl board with D/A) from the trinnov inside the M-DSP`s.
The main question is here if the input line(flat cable with a lot of wires) can be extendet up to 8 meters wthout disadvantages include the data,music and voltage supply lines. An disadvantage is that (i suspect) the audio boards fom Trinnov have 8chnnels and i only need four chnnels per speaker. To avoid even further cable issues then three output booards only for the fronts are necessary-means 24 channels(x8). The sideand rear speakers will be connetced to the standard digital audio output, so the total summar have to be 24 plus 4 surrounds is equal 28 channel, means the 32 channel version from Trinnov.
Its of coarse the big difference between the 24 or 32 channel version, but still a lot of money(absolute).
Hopefully my explainations are straight enough-sorry fo my bad english here-
so to get all over that possibilies i need more info whats inside the Trinnov on Hardware to find out which way is possible and sensefull.
Dont misunderstand me here, my current sound is "good enough" to life with that, but its my hobby and passion to "make things better".That was my work at the semiconductor industry for the last 30years (iam an mechnical and electronic real engineer).
So my experiences are that theory is very important to know where and how to go,but the ear/brain or better say, only the feeling of the music is the final and most important thing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.