Tubes and vintage stereo etc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everyone,
I got into electronics at a very young age, tinkering with old TV's and radios while all my friends were into playing sports. I had the radio shack catalog memorized, and would go there at least once a week, to buy parts for projects I was building. The sales people would greet me at the door, as they new I'd be buying a lot of stuff. I guess they got a commission on sales.
Later on it was funny, because I knew more about what they had, then the sales people that worked there. I would direct them to what the wanted:D.

Anyway, I bought my first stereo receiver from them when I was 18, and it was top of the line back in the mid 1980's. I still own it today, and still works, except for the radio portion. Still a good amp, for all the vintage components I own.
Later, I got into collecting vintage tube radios. Once I had almost 100 radios displayed in my one bedroom apartment. Mostly from the 40's-50's. But a few from the 30's, that I kept. My oldest radio was built in 1929 and is very rare and huge. I regret selling off my collection, but times got tough, and I needed money for food.
Still have a nice collection of my oldest tube radios, and a large collection of vintage solid state stereo components that I treasure.
Things change, I got married and moved into a house. I have more vintage equipment then I can possibly use. New career as a machinist, making parts for the aerospace industry. Realized life can be short, after I needed heart surgery right away, due to a birth defect. Need some friends to help me find new homes for some of my vintage stereos and tons of tube stuff, as I don't want it to go in the trash, when I die someday. Hope I can help you all with all I have to offer. Regards Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.