A Tinkerer says hi. Any beginner section here ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi ,
Software guy, geek, nerd, tinkerer most of all.

If it ain't broken then open it up to see what makes it work ;)

I am here in my quest for good sound for my gaphicaudio audiobooks and movies, that doesn't cost a bomb but far more importantly, isn't a blackbox. Something goes wrong, I don't want to be at the mercy of the service people.
Absolute beginner here. Please point me to a beginner section on this site or somewhere else.

Thanks

Last edited:
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi bandar and welcome to diyAudio :)

Where to start, I'm assuming you will want an amp and speakers. For the Amp, probably the easiest route is the chipamp route so take a look at the chipamp forum.

For speakers, since you want to watch movies you will probably want to have a look at the multiway forum and probably the subwoofer forum. Look for an established design or kit for the easiest way into the hobby :) For just the books, a full range would probably be a very good option, so you may want to check out the full range forum as well.

Tony.

Thanks wintermute

All I know is , having an amplifier increases the end result. AND Speakers turn electrical signal into sound. AND subwoofer causes boom boom. Extreme beginner. Maybe this forum is too advanced for me.

Better question: Please suggest youtube channels to learn the basics.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.