Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Old Timer, but feel like a newbie
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th January 2018, 07:12 PM   #1
WaxhawFive is offline WaxhawFive  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Old Timer, but feel like a newbie

A quick intro...
In my high school and college years I tinkered in the speaker building hobby in my Dad's wood shop. I went through LOTS of MDF with varying degrees of success. My high points were winning a national H.S. competition with the TSA (Technical Student Association) for a set of huge 6-WAY!!! (crazy, youthful over-ambition, didn't know any better) transmission towers, and a surprise phone conversation with Bob Carver. The bug bit so badly that I even switched from mechanical to electrical engineering half-way through because I wanted to pursue a career in amplifier design.
I have been out of the hobby for a couple decades now, but my oldest son was asking about it the other day and here I am. I have a basic woodworking set-up at home, and I unboxed an old set of Heil AMT's from way back. I showed them to him and now we want to make a pair of stereo speakers around them. I may rob the Audio Concepts AC-8 mid-woofers from an old set of the ACI C2R bookshelf speakers the I made in 1992. Because of the butyl rubber surround they are probably still in great shape. But I'll save this for another thread, thanks for the great forum.
Old 20th January 2018, 07:17 PM   #2
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Welcome to diyAudio
Old 20th January 2018, 10:07 PM   #3
merlin el mago is offline merlin el mago
diyAudio Member

Welcome

Benvingut

Old Timer, but feel like a newbieHide this!Advertise here!