Hello from South Africa

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have only recently found this forum and was blown away by the scope of information available, and the extremely high level of knowledge in the community. As a kid growing up in SA I always had an interest in electronics and would regularly buy old editions of popular electronics and audiophile publications. I have always wanted to build an amplifier but found the price of the kits they had available were well outside my budget. My audio system was based on a Rotel preamp power amp combo with Miller and Kreisel Volkswoofer sub and 4ohm satellites. Unfortunately the sub packed up several years ago and was replaced by Boston Acoustics VR40's. I then went through a phase where I lost interest in hifi completely. That is until now, and truth be told I am a little nervous as I feel completely hooked. I am currently getting a few boards made up and have already spent a small fortune on transformers and parts. I definately would not have got away with it if I was still married:nod:
I look forward to a long stay with diyaudio.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.