Hello from Jupiter Florida!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I only thought it appropriate to create an introduction as my first post.

A little about myself,

I am an audio enthusiast living in South Florida and trying to complete my college career, all while acquiring as much eighties and nineties hi-fi gear as I can. I work at Nitro Sound of Jupiter Florida as a part-time car audio installer and occasionally work with their excellent in-house technician and electronics guru on repair and restoration jobs for clients as well as extensively on my own equipment. My love for audio began in my vehicle in high school, when everyone wanted to be the loudest in town- and by a good measure, I was. For less money than you can even imagine. Since my SUV and primary platform for audio died, I have resigned to life as a sound quality enthusiast and collector of vintage gear. I suffered permanent hearing damage in my left ear as a basshead but also gained a love for old-school quality that never died, despite my now receding love for wicked loud bass. That is why I arrived at this website, as a long time reader and now a new member. I have read many forum posts in my hunt for audio truth but none have impressed me as much as those on this site. It seems that a professional community of mature enthusiasts has formed here and despite my limited knowledge I would like nothing less than to be a part of it. Hopefully I can offer some of my knowledge in return for all of the learning I have done as a result of reading the posts here.

I fear I am beginning to become winded, so I will end this post here with a friendly hello from the Sunshine State!

NewBee here from AZ. I was looking on here for help with an older Gem Sound XP-350 2ch power amp. It appears to be built cheaply but it does work. Just the left channel seems just a little weaker ( as far as sound output) than the right channel. I'm thinking bad or weak pwr. transistor or weak solder joint maybe. Working on it for a customer and haven't much experience with this amp so I have no schematic and when I tried to email Gem Sound my email bounced back. Oh, well tomorrow I'll try to trace it out and get the scope on the channels and see what's going on.

Thank you,
Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NewBee here from AZ. I was looking on here for help with an older Gem Sound XP-350 2ch power amp. It appears to be built cheaply but it does work. Just the left channel seems just a little weaker ( as far as sound output) than the right channel. I'm thinking bad or weak pwr. transistor or weak solder joint maybe. Working on it for a customer and haven't much experience with this amp so I have no schematic and when I tried to email Gem Sound my email bounced back. Oh, well tomorrow I'll try to trace it out and get the scope on the channels and see what's going on.

Thank you,
Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like you need to adjust the bias current. The value of which may even be defined on the board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.