Looking to build ultrasonic record cleaner

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

I stumbled here via YouTube, after seeing a video posted by one of your members about his DIY ultrasonic record cleaning machine. Funny story: I went down to my local record shop, told the guy I was looking for a used record cleaning machine for $350 or so, and he told me that I'd have trouble finding a decent on for that price. He showed me his VPI 16.5 machine, told me about the drawbacks, then said if he had his dream machine he'd buy an ultrasonic cleaner big enough for LPs. He showed me how a jewelry-sized model worked on his 45s.

Long story short, I just bought an ultrasonic cleaner big enough for LPs on eBay for $225, and I was trying to figure out how to put a motorized spindle on it -- buy an old rotisserie or something, I supposed, and maybe use a variable-speed control rheostat to slow it down. But I see that other people here have been tackling exactly the same problem and apparently have come up with better DIY designs. So I'm here, I'm looking, and I'll see what I can find.

-- Erik Smith
Olympia, Wash.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.