Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Hello DIY'ler from Germany
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th October 2010, 12:21 PM   #1
Shoemaker is offline Shoemaker  Germany
diyAudio Member

Cool Hello DIY'ler from Germany

Hi All,

so it seems introducing himself is mandatory, I'll do so as well

Ok, my name in real life is Ingo, living in the western west of Germany (sometimes also called the eastern-Netherlands), earning my money with a strange mixture off working as Toolmaker, with Stats and against Customer-complaints.

The culprit to get me in this Hobby is my father, donating me his old Kosmos and Philips experimental-Kits starting at the age of 5. Not him, me ... Unfortunately I'm a lazy bone, just doing what is necessary, so I never got into the deepest secrets of electronics . Lucky me electronic parts aren't that expensive any more and easy to get; and smoked meat lasts even longer. Ok, what I want to say is, that I mostly do it by "Try&Error", sometimes working astoundingly well.

Depending Audio (I'm Private- and RC-Pilot in the sunny time of the year) I came frome Goodman's R80 (still working) and a Philips CD-101 (Daddys old machines for sure), several stuff of Sony, Parasound, Krell, Naim, ML and other well-known Names, builded dozends of LS (lucky to have a MLSSA-System combined with a trained sense of hearing), compared miles of cables, tried to mod allmost every machine with sometimes getting the result mentioned above (Sony CDP-779 ES starts smoking really heimish when mixing up the voltage regulators), for finally switching over to real DIY-Components. First Kits from Steinmusic (SteinMusic - Ihr Audio Spezialist), now more and more DIMW (Do it my way ).

Finally, what brought me to DIY-Audio? After 14 years of continous work my CD-Players (Grundig CD-3 based, completely rebuilt) Display went to the dark side of the force, so I had to change it. What to do in between? "Get this old Philips CD-614 plugged". Listened, wondered, plugged an even older CD-460 and be astonished: This old ugly plastic-machines doesn't sound that bad?! Changed some C's, Diodes, Cables - being more astonished. This modded ugly plastic-machines are making music! Finally buyed a CD-204 with CDM-1, planning to test a Non-OS conversion, searched via Google - and here am I , listening to Nora Jones, rotating in the original CD-204. Ok, not Nora, just the CD ...

My components:

Stereo

• DIY-Loudspeakers, 2 1/2 way, AMT for highrange, Eton 8-550-25 Hex mod. Midrange, active Audax HM-210 X0 mod lowrange
  • CD-Player completely rebuilt Grundig CD-3 based
  • Pre-Amp based on Steinmusic "Modularer Vorverstärker", JAN-6922, SRPP
  • Several stuff with ECC 81, ECH 81 a.s.o. Tubes only and forever!
  • Power-Amp based on Steinmusic "Mini-Hyb", JAN-6922 and IRF-9540/540
  • Several stuff with EL 34, EL 84 a.s.o.
  • Cables self-made, XLR, Steinmusic, cheap Voodoo
  • A bunch of elder Players, Amps etc.
  • Since yesterday: Philips CD-204 die-cast (Foretime strikes back!), blowing that awfull pling-plong-plastic-CDM12-pretty-shi**y-stuff to - ahm, sorry for degressing

Home-Cinema

• Harman-Kardon AR-5550 mod with external Amps
  • Main-Speakers as above
  • Center DIY with Görlich 130 and Eton 25SD
  • Rear DIY with Morel MW-166 and Audax TW 034
  • Panasonic DVD/HDD-Recorder (with, that's true, no modification at all)
  • LG DVD-Player (omnivore)
  • Still unbelieveable good JVC "Tube"-TV, going to be changed to a Flat next year
  • Cables? Yes, I think so, not even sure ...

Going to post a few pictures if someone ist interested . That's all from me for today. I will mostly read here only, due to being afraid of writing electronic nonsense - just trying to learn from the Experts before ...

Ingo
Old 27th October 2010, 12:44 PM   #2
c2cthomas is offline c2cthomas  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Ingo - and Welcome to diyAudio!!!

Looks as if when it comes to DIY you have pretty much already did it! Ahhhh..... not to worry - we will find you some new toys to bang around and get crazy with!
Old 27th October 2010, 12:58 PM   #3
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Welcome to the forum!
  Reply to this post

Hello DIY'ler from GermanyHide this!Advertise here!