Greetings from Melbourne

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings from Melbourne Australia!

Have been scouring the net nightly for 6 months after deciding to completely revamp current setup. Was using modified NVA AP50 amp with Triangle Callisto spearkers and Audio Aero CD for bout 10years. Recently got an Audionote UK Meishu all silver 8w 300B amp and ended up with Feastrex NF5ex field coil drivers which I have been playing in hinged OB. Unfortunately not many Feastrex users in Oz.

Listen to mostly Jazz, vocals but also classical and rock/pop.

Currently looking to get a new digital source setup....

Cheers
Beng

Yes they are expensive drivers. Cabinets for them are potentially very cheap and once you factor all this in, the price performance ratio is IMHO really quite good!

I'm currently not using a woofer. I'm really quite a newbie at DIY audio and have no real idea of how low the bass can potentially go in OB with only this single driver. ATM low bass is really non-existent but the mids to highs are awesome. Trying to keep things simple without crossover and woofer but this may not be possible.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.