More Fresh Blood

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well hello. I finaly decided to sign up to the forums after nosing about for a while as it looks like my project just got a bit of a kick start, so I may be after a bit of advice in the near futre on the two projects I have in planning at the moment.

The first of these projects, which I have been thinking about for a while, will be a micro controler based pre-amp with a nice graphical VFD dispaly on it. There is still a lot I need to do on this thing though, as I still only have a vauge idea of what it should be capable of doing (well, I know what it SHOULD do, but the is a large list of things I would like to go with it).

The second project is a bit of a monster amp to conect up to aformentioned pre-amp. This thing should be good for 200W/PC into 8 ohms, and happily go all the way to 800W/PC for 2 ohms. This may sound a little optomistic givin the power it would suck up, but if you look at the picture below you will see what I have just got me two of. Rather large 40-0-40 transformers wich are rated well over 1500VA (not bad for only £40 for the pair new :nod: ) which should provide more than enough power to drive a single channel as mentioned above. The only thing I'm not to sure about at the moment is where I can get me some good, cheep power supply caps with a ripple current rating of over 20A in the UK. If anyone can help me out there I would very much apreciate it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Anyway thats it for now, but you should be hearing more from me about the forums as the projects start to pick up pace after (or durign) my exams.

Bigparsnip.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.