Brand new to the forum, diving into a big project...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All!
James here from Rhode Island. I've been into computers (and taking things apart with screwdrivers) for just about as long as I can remember. I've also been into music (playing guitars) for a while now, and I'm interested in some DIY music equipment. I'm "mechanically inclined" as my mom would say, and I like to tinker with chips, a soldering iron, and some multimeters. I've done a bit of work here and there (fixing laptops, soldering cables together, etc), but never really ended up putting any big circuits together.

I've always wanted to start a big project, and now I think I will. I have a band where each person needs to be able to hear their own mix, and traditional mixers don't support that many (we need 7 inputs and 6 individual mixes out, most mixers are up to 4 mixes out). I just want something simple, so my first thought is a matrix mixer (aka. headphone monitor). Right now I'm looking at a very simple design, just inputs, pots to mix them all, and opamps for amplification.

I'd love to post my ideas and get advice... which forum should I post to?

Thanks all, can't wait to get into this project!

James

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.