A belated introduction...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been reading for a long time, and posting for a while, but never clicked that I should introduce myself :eek:.

I built a GainClone from one of BrianGT's kits, and since then have been on a bit of a DIY binge - silver interconnect cables, 3 way horns (Wayne Parham design: Pi Speakers), open baffle speakers for the garage with the Pioneer BUFUs; and an F4 amp on the way (bits arriving every day, it seems)!

I run a small strategy group in a software company, and in what remains of my spare time I play the piano (classical and improvisation), write (a novel and a play and some songs so far), and build furniture. I'm also a sailor (I grew up in New Zealand), but not sailing much at present, alas.

DIY is a way of life - I really enjoy making things and seeing them come to life - it's a great way to learn.

I've come to appreciate all the talent and goodwill on this site - thanks for everything, and gidday everyone!

tim

Hi tim,
Building things (audio or not) is indeed a very satisfying passion.
I love the name of your town. I have a sweet spot for cats as you can see in my avatar. Somebody said that cats and music are the best refuge from the miseries of life.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.