Building a battery powered guitar mp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am trying to build a guitar amp for a friend. He is a professional busker here in London and wants a decent quality preamp (maybe with FX), amp and loudspeaker unit all in one. The project is making me scratch my head quite a lot i have to say. The unit needs to be run off 1 or 2 SLA battery and needs to run as such for at least 4 hrs a day. For the power amp section I am thinking a t-amp of some kind from 41hz.com but the preamp and fx are causing a lot of head scratching. I have found a decent preamp on ESP but it requires a -/+ 15v supply, if i tied together two SLA i guess i could get a -/+ 13.8v supply. If i did this could i also send separate dual parallel wiring from he batteries to power the power amp section?

The unit also needs a separate CD in and i was thinking about using a high efficiency full range driver as final output.

Any idea, links or help very much appreciated.

Links or circuit layouts would be very very welcome for anything from a guitar pre amp to reverb, EQing, fx anything.

Also any site that do Guitar electronic kits or pcb would be very much apriciated.

Phil

Thanks very much, looks interesting.

I have tried to buy back issues but they are out of print. Found the first re-issue on ebay and bought that.

I am still not sure whether to go this way or not, i was thinking a class d amp and a very efficient full range driver like a fostex 206 might be a good idea since then you are using both a very efficient amp and a very highly sensitive driver. Also T-amps and fostex type speakers are mean to sound good together.

It might might be just a case of building a custom loudspeaker cabinet, buying in T-amp and working out preamp with a line level, guitar and microphone input all with volume and tone controls and a fx send for the guitar. I would love to build in some FX but i haven't found any good circuits for these as yet.

phil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.