Eden Bass Cab Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of drivers with the following T/S numbers as supplied by Eden for their 10" drivers (thank you Eden):

Fs = 43Hz
Znom = 4 ohm
Re = 2.2 ohm
Qts = 0.16
Qms = 3.26
Qes = 0.17
SPL = 97 dB/W
Sd = 0.034 m^2
BL = 10.08 T-M
Le = 9.2 E-04 H
Vas = 2.75 ft^3

What the Eden cabs look like and what I come up as a start in WiniSD do not match. What should I be looking at for a single driver enclosure?

I will be adding a tweeter for extension, which will also resolve my requirement for 8 ohm loads. This will end up being a pair of small cabs (I hope) for portability...and closet-ability as not to clutter the family room with gear.

Thanks!

Hi,

Qts = 0.16 ? Always will be a very damped alignment.

Adding tweeters won't give 8 ohm with a 4ohm bass driver.

The numbers come up as ~ 0.3 cuft sealed or ~ 1cuft tuned to 40Hz vented.

You can used 0.4 to 0.9 tuned to 40Hz also. (40Hz = bass bottom E).

:)/sreten.

Sreten...

Thanks again. I was coming up with the same range of Vb, but for some reason the F3 was in the >100Hz range. Just did not make sense. Any reason not to go slightly larger...say 1.3 cuft? Or am I starting to get a slightly peaky response?

I was planning on using 1 10" driver in full range with a 4 ohm tweeter in series. That would get me Znom of 8 ohm. I would have to pad down the tweeter, but any other issues?

I knew that E = 41Hz...so that should put the low B of a 6-string roughly half an octave lower to around ~30Hz, yes? These little guys should do fine for my modified 5-string though: EADGC.

Again...thanks!

Hi,

with highly damped aligmnents you worry about f-6dB or f-10dB,
the assumption being bass boost will be applied. Your right that
IMO with 1.3cuft the response begins to look a little peaky.

You have to wire the tweeter in parallel (or use a series c/o).
Either way you will not get 8ohms loading.

:)/sreten.

Then it seems that I need to make the cab with both drivers then. Unless warnings about using a tube amp with loads other than indicated is bunk...

Why is it not possible to wire Sig+ > W+, then W- > T+ with a cap in series? The full range of signal would come to the woofer as per normal, with additional support in the HF?

I am asking out of furthering my knowledge, not to complain my way into someone saying it's okay :).

Thanks again!

Onken?

So,

Been a while, but the house is taking longer than expected. That happens when you discover a side of an add-on that is rotted through the sheathing...

Moving on. Could the Eden D210XLT be thought of correctly as an onken enclosure?

http://www.eden-electronics.com/products/cabs/indiv/d210xlt.asp

Speaking with some folks who have seen the inside of the cabinets, and making some observations at shops, the vents are divided for their entire length and that length is about half the cabinet depth.

When I look at the Onken Calc sheet, I get a cabinet of 4 cuft for one driver. That does not lead me to believe that this is a correct thought about these cabinets.

So, would one consider the vent a single vent with structural support, or as multiple small vents?

P.S.- I studied up on circuits. Sorry for the un-informed line of questioning above, Sreten.

Re: Onken?

croat47 said:
So,

Been a while, but the house is taking longer than expected. That happens when you discover a side of an add-on that is rotted through the sheathing...

Moving on. Could the Eden D210XLT be thought of correctly as an onken enclosure?

http://www.eden-electronics.com/products/cabs/indiv/d210xlt.asp

Speaking with some folks who have seen the inside of the cabinets, and making some observations at shops, the vents are divided for their entire length and that length is about half the cabinet depth.

So, would one consider the vent a single vent with structural support, or as multiple small vents?

I believe, and i am sure i will be corrected if i am wrong, that you take the entire vent area to come up with the total port size. If that cab is open between the drivers inside and i am sure it is, then all 4 of the port sections would sum for a total port area.

Also dont forget to deduct the port area from the cab size. if those vents are divided half way down the inside of the cab, then that are takes away from the total cab volume.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.