Modifing A Fender Bassman Scheme

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi amirmk,

Remaove all of the bass pre-amp parts up to and including the 470K resistor. I have built many of Fenders circuits and they are easy to modify like this. You will probably have no problems and be pleased with the result.

Cheers,
Graeme

Hi amirmk,

I have never worked with the AC30 circuits so I can't offer any advice there. However, there is a great deal of info on the web on the AC30 so I would recommend a thorough search as a starting point. Perhaps other members here have some experience and could comment.

As for substituting the 6550, I don't see the point. The 5881 is a 6L6. The 6L6 and 6550 will sound very similar. If you want to use the 6550 to gain more power then I would advise finding a 6550 based circuit to build.

I like this vintage of Fender pre-amp very much and I own an original 6G7 Bandmaster. I consider this pre-amp circuit (the normal channel) to be the best one Leo ever did. Please note the tapped volume control. These are available in the US the last I checked but you may have trouble locating one in your area.

Graeme

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.