Selmer Zodiac Twin 30 - seeking pics for clone build

Forgot to mention - I'm making only two changes to the circuit.

The first is more common sense - I have no use for two channels or a low-impedance input, so I'm saving hella time, space and expense by leaving them out! Streamliiiiiiiiiined

The second is I really wanna have an expanded tonestack on the "rotary" option as opposed to the single tone knob! I wanna keep the 5 "Selectortone" options just as they are (even if they sound like a cocked wah pedal) because I consider those to be pretty essential to the amp, but I wanna use this thing as a workhorse for both performing and recording for a long time, and I want a TMB control to give me lots of options!

So - gimme your suggestions! What do you think would be appropriate for this circuit? My plan is a James tonestack with a mid shift, but I'm very open to suggestions. My main tonal attraction to this amp is Robert Smith's use of it on Disintegration by The Cure, so that is a good representation of the tones I'm tryna coax out of it.

How is the clone coming along? I'm interested in building one, as well. Have you found a source for the 9.5H inductor in the tone circuit. I'm not having any luck with that yet. I ordered a PT, OT, and choke from Edcor. I haven't used them before, but thought I'd give them a try. I'm also planning to use six individual switches for the tone presets. I've read a couple of comments that it was possible to push in more than one preset selector at a time for different tone shaping. Years ago I built a version of a TruVoice Professional with an EM84 eye tube. It works great.

Attachments

• Tru-D.jpg
    Tru-D.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 50